Work and Career
It takes up a big part of most people’s lives. It’s therefore not surprising that the practical and emotional problems that can arise in life are quite often related to work and career. Having no work or trying to get back into the work market or even the end of work and career can be especially challenging.
Here are some of the areas and questions that people bring to us.
- I'm being discriminated against at work because I'm bi but I'm afraid if I do anything I'll lose my job.
- Work has taken over my life. I have no time for myself or to spend with my family and friends.
- My business is crashing and I haven’t told my partner.
- I feel guilty every time I am not working. I want to play but don’t know how.
- I choose career over family every time but although it’s breaking up my marriage I can’t stop. Is this an addiction?
- My 18 year old has no idea what he wants to do. Who can I trust to help him?
- I’ve been made redundant. How do I think about what happens next?
- My children are in nursery. I am trying to think about going back to work.
- I've just returned from working in a developing country. I'm finding the transition really difficult.
- We can’t afford for us both not to work. Our lifestyle has become a trap.