We all experience unhappiness at some point in our lives. Whilst we sometimes cope with it, deep-rooted and pervasive sadness can become a weighty and exhausting burden. What begins as a sense of discontent can grow and develop into anxiety, panic, depression or despair.
Here are some of the areas and questions that people bring to us.
- My partner hits me and I can’t tell anyone.
- I've just returned from working in a developing country. I'm finding the transition really difficult.
- I've recently been diagnosed with depression. I want my happiness back.
- Our children have all left home. The empty-nest is depressing me.
- I'm a survivor of abuse. My past haunts me and is making happiness feel like a distant dream.
- Work has taken over my life. I have no time for myself or to spend with my family and friends.
- I've always felt terribly lonely, even around my friends. It's unbearable.
- I know there's something missing from my life. I need help working out what it is.
- Life seems meaningless. I don't know how to go on.