We all experience unhappiness at some point in our lives. Whilst we sometimes cope with it, deep-rooted and pervasive sadness can become a weighty and exhausting burden. What begins as a sense of discontent can grow and develop into anxiety, panic, depression or despair.
Here are some of the areas and questions that people bring to us.
Refine the list of questions
- I've recently been diagnosed with depression. I want my happiness back.
- Our children have all left home. The empty-nest is depressing me.
- I'm a survivor of abuse. My past haunts me and is making happiness feel like a distant dream.
- My partner hits me and I can’t tell anyone.
- I've just returned from working in a developing country. I'm finding the transition really difficult.
- Work has taken over my life. I have no time for myself or to spend with my family and friends.
- I've always felt terribly lonely, even around my friends. It's unbearable.
- I know there's something missing from my life. I need help working out what it is.
- Life seems meaningless. I don't know how to go on.