If you, or someone close to you, is in poor health, it can be a distressing experience, even if it is a short term condition and not too serious. At worst, however, it can be life-changing for everyone involved.
Here are some of the areas and questions that people bring to us.
- It's cancer. I'm struggling to take it all in.
- I've been depressed for a long time and been in denial. I'm finally ready to get help.
- I've just recovered from a serious illness. How do I adjust to living a normal life again?
- My daughter is severely disabled. I love her but I don't know how to cope.
- I've just found out I'm HIV positive. How do I tell my family?
- My father is very ill and his care has fallen to me. I can't cope.
- My boss won't take my chronic illness seriously. How do I convince her I'm genuinely struggling?