Sexuality and Gender
Sexuality and gender shouldn’t be the sole definers of our identities, but they are a significant part of understanding and being comfortable with ourselves. Struggling with your gender or sexuality and how to be honest about this with others in your life can be frightening and disorienting and can have a negative impact on all kinds of relationships. Here are some of the areas and questions that people bring to us.
- I think I might be gay. How can I be sure?
- I'm in a same-sex relationship. I want us to be like any couple but I'm struggling.
- I find the gender in my head very difficult but I'm not gay. I need help.
- I want to stay at home with the kids but I'm worried I'll be seen as less of a man.
- I've been waiting years for a promotion but I think I'm being held back because I'm a woman.
- I'm tired of living a lie but I'm afraid if I come out I'll lose my family.
- I've never felt comfortable in my body. Am I transgender?
- My daughter just came out. I'm afraid of how this is going to affect her life.
- I'm being discriminated against at work because I'm bi but I'm afraid if I do anything I'll lose my job.