It’s been said that we should try to give our children two things: roots and wings. It’s a beautiful thought but it’s also easy to lose sight of it under the avalanche of tasks, responsibilities and decisions that are an everyday part of being a parent.
Here are some of the areas and questions that people bring to us.
- I’m on my own and thought I could do it but I’m struggling.
- Our divorce is like our marriage – messy. I want to do it well for the children
- My children are asking where people go when they die. How do I explain death to them?
- My teenager won’t eat. At what point should I really worry?
- My teenager is driving me mad
- My daughter is 16 and has just announced she’s pregnant
- My 18 year old has no idea what he wants to do. Who can I trust to help him?
- My partner smokes and we keep arguing about how to bring up the baby.
- My two year old keeps hitting my tummy. I find it hard to stay patient.
- My children are in nursery. I am trying to think about going back to work.