While money can be a wonderful thing, it can also be at the heart of many of life’s problems. A sudden or gradual lack of it can bring serious difficulties, anxieties and debt. And, at the other end of the spectrum, it can be a mixed blessing if it makes life too complicated or stirs feelings of guilt.
Here are some of the areas and questions that people bring to us.
- I recently got divorced and we're struggling to split our property. How can we do this amicably?
- I'm about to be declared bankrupt. I feel like such a failure.
- I've just got remarried. How do I ensure my step-children are looked after in my will?
- I want to leave money to a charity when I'm gone; how do I know where my legacy will be put to good use?
- I'm making my will. How do I decide where my money should go?
- I can't stop spending money. Shopping is a comfort but it's crippling me financially.
- My brother is struggling for money but won't accept any from me. How can I help him?
- I recently inherited a lot of money and I'm struggling to adjust to my sudden wealth.
- Our friends think we are really rich but our debt is horrendous. Shame runs my life.