Life, Love & Loss Ltd and Harley Street Executive
Your personal data – what is it?
Personal data relates to a living individual who can be identified from that data. Identification can be by the information alone or in conjunction with any other information in the data controller’s possession or likely to come into such possession. The processing of personal data is governed by the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), which comes into force on 25th May 2018 superseding the Data Protection Act 1998.
Who are we?
Life Love & Loss Ltd and Harley Street Executive are the data controllers in accordance with the GDPR, 2018 (see contact details below). Data Controllers are responsible for ensuring compliance with the legal requirements to manage and protect data.
Information we collect from you
Life, Love & Loss and Harley Street Executive may collect and process, with written your consent, the following:
- details of your visits to our website, including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data,
- if you contact us, we will keep a record of that correspondence.
- Clinical information is referenced below but not included in this section
How do we process your personal data?
Life, Love & Loss Ltd and Harley Street Executive complies with its obligations under the Data Protection Act 1998 and will ensure on-going legal compliance under the auspices of the GDPR, 2018 by keeping personal data up to date; by storing and destroying it securely; by not collecting or retaining excessive amounts of data; by protecting personal data from loss, misuse, unauthorised access and disclosure and by ensuring that appropriate technical measures are in place to protect personal data. We do not share data with any third party for any reason, whatsoever.
We use your data for the following purposes:
- For the purpose of communication between yourself and the clinic regarding appointment location and times, cancellations, and other pertinent correspondence
- To maintain our own accounts and records
- To notify you of changes to our services
- To seek your views and comments
To send you marketing communications which you have requested and that may be of interest to you.
What is the legal basis for processing your personal data?
Your data is processed for our legitimate interests. We will always take into account your interest, rights and freedoms.
Should we ever require the use of your data for purposes other than in the interest of the business, or clinical/client requirement, we will obtain your consent.
How long will we keep your personal data?
Life, Love & Loss Ltd and Harley Street Executive will keep records for as long as is required by law. The fifth principle of the GDPR cites that we should only keep data for as long as required: as determined by the original purpose(s) for collecting and retaining. In addition, data can be destroyed at the request of the data subject. (the GDPR ‘the right to be forgotten’).
Your rights and your personal data
An individual (or data subject) has the following rights with respect to their personal data:
When exercising any of the rights listed below, in order to process your request, Life, Love & Loss Ltd and Harley Street Executive will need to verify your identity. In such cases we will need you to respond with proof of your identity in writing, before you can exercise these rights.
- The right to access information
- you can contact us to request information that you are legally allowed access to; to ask why we have that information
- to confirm data has been processed
- to access personal data
- requests will be responded to within one month.
- Data requests are free of charge unless they are complex and/or subject to repetition
- The right to correct and update the information we hold on you
- If the data we hold regarding an individual is out of date, incomplete or incorrect, inform us and your data will be updated.
- The right to have your information erased
- If you believe that we should no longer be using your data, you can request that we erase the data we hold.
- When we receive your request, we will confirm whether the data has been deleted or the reason why it cannot be deleted (for example because we need it for our legitimate interests or regulatory purpose(s).
- The right to object to processing of your data
- You have the right to request that we stop processing your data. Upon receiving the request, Life, Love & Loss Ltd and Harley Street Executive will contact you and advise if we are able to comply or if there are legitimate grounds to continue to process your data. Even after you exercise your right to object, we may continue to hold your data to comply with your other rights or to bring or defend legal claims.
- The right to data portability
- You have the right to request that we transfer some of your data to another controller (i.e. yourself or another IT environment). We will comply with your request, where it is feasible to do so, within one month of receiving your request.
- The right to withdraw your consent to the processing at any time for any processing of data to which consent was sought.
- You can withdraw your consent easily by email or by post (see Contact Details below).
- The right to object to the processing of personal data where applicable.
- The right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office.
If we wish to use your personal data for a new purpose, not covered by this Notice, then Life, Love & Loss Ltd and Harley Street Executive will provide you with a new notice explaining this new use prior to commencing the processing and setting out the relevant purposes and processing conditions. Where and whenever necessary, we will seek your prior consent to the new processing.
IP Addresses and Cookies
Life, Love & Loss Ltd and Harley Street Executive may collect information including, where available your IP address, operating system and browser type. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns and does not identify any individual.
No personal information is collected through cookies.
Please contact Life, Love & Loss Ltd and Harley Street Executive if you have any questions about this Privacy Notice or the information held about you.
The Data Controller: Life, Love & Loss Ltd, 72 Harley Street, London W1G 7HG.
You can contact the Information Commissioners Office on 0303 123 1113 or via email https://ico.org.uk/global/contact-us/email/ or at the Information Commissioner’s Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire SK9 5AF.